Comfortable atmosphere, good food and great friends – everything that makes a neighborhood hangout THE place to be. Whether you’re local to the Orlando area or visiting from places far away, we’re all looking for that place “where everyone knows your name”. Discover why Marlow’s Tavern Orlando is where you want to eat!
Find Your Place at Marlow’s Tavern Orlando
Disclosure: I was invited to a complimentary tasting for media. All opinions are 100% my own.
Summer cocktails you want to have
We got to try four adult beverages that are featured on the new summer menu.
- Grapefruit Ricky – American Harvest, St. Germaine, fresh grapefruit juice and a squeeze of lime.
- Cucumber Rita – Herradura Reposado Tequila, Brovo Boomerang, cucumber, house-made sour & salt of course
- Blueberry Buck – Smirnoff Blueberry Vodka, fresh lime, simple syrup, Barritt’s Ginger Beer and shaved nutmeg
- MIA Tavern Beer – Amarillow & Mosaic Hops, Tropical IPA with hints of pineapple and grapefruit
So which was the favorite? The Blueberry Buck was the hands down group choice. But beware it’s one of those drinks that sneaks up on you! The Grapefruit Ricky and Cucumber Rita were both delicious and definitely something I’d have again.
I’m not a beer drinker and that pesky pineapple allergy prevented me from trying the MIA Tavern Beer. But I heard from multiple ladies that it was really good.
Appetizers to get you started
Again there were four that we got to sample. And I honestly could have made a meal out of just appetizers!
- Marlow’s Famous Hummus – Classical creamy hummus, grilled toasty seasoned pita, crisp veggies, marinated olives and extra virgin olive oil
- Ahi Tuna Poke – Ahi Tuna, Hawaiian style, avocado, teriyaki glaze, scallion and crispy wonton
- Fig and Bacon Toast – Toasty rosemary chibatta, whipped ricotta, black mission figs, caramelized onion, apple wood smoked bacon and balsamic glaze
- Watermelon Salad – fresh basil, ginger and balsamic
I didn’t try the Ahi Tuna Poke, because I’m not a huge seafood person, but those that did absolutely raved about it. I could eat the Fig and Bacon Toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for the rest of my life and be a-ok. It was my favorite out of everything. Add in Marlow’s Famous Hummus and Watermelon Salad and I’m done. No need to see the rest of the menu… Expect for the fact that it’s all AH-Mazing.
Marlow’s Tavern Orlando Entree Eats
By this point I was so full I didn’t think I was going to be able to eat another bite. But then they brought out the Black and Blue Burger with Truffle Fries and the Roast Chicken Frisco Club – Oh Em Gee my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- Roast Chicken Frisco Club – Prestige Farms chicken, melting swiss, arugla, apple wood smoked bacon, granny smith apple, pickled red onion, horseradish aioli, pressed sourdough bread paired with fresh fried okra
- Black and Blue Burger with Truffle Fries – Gorgonzola, apple wood smoked bacon, toasted sesame brioche roll paired with truffle fries
- Shrimp and Grits – White cheddar grit cake, sauteed spinach, roma tomato, shallot and roasted tomato beurre blanc
- Black and Blue Steak Salad – Grilled beef tenderloin, crisp field greens, orange tomato, crumbling gorgonzola, scallion, pickled red onion, creamy gorgonzola dressing
Y’all while my favorites are mentioned above you won’t be disappointed in anything you choose from the menu. The chefs at Marlow’s Tavern are top notch and know how to please a crowd with their unique, fun take on tavern favorites.
Such a sweet ending – desserts
Ok, seriously by this point I was bursting at the seams but I didn’t stop myself.
- NY Style Cheesecake – Classic creamy vanilla cheesecake, strawberry, powdered sugar and cinnamon crisp
- Fried Banana Split – Phyllo wrapped banana, panko crusted, vanilla ice cream, chocolate, strawberry and caramel sauces with salted caramel whipped cream
- Classic Creme Brulee – The NYC classic, house-made with Madagascar vanilla bean and crispy sweet crust
- Pot De Creme Chocolate Pudding – House-made chocolate pudding, served in cast iron, chocolate sauce, salted caramel whipped cream and shortbread cookie
Rich, creamy and scrumptious sums up each and every one of the desserts we tried. The were all a wonderful way to end the day, but the creme brulee was top on my list. I love the crunchy, sugary top with the ultra creamy custard.
Being newer to the area I am always looking for that local hangout where I can get a great cocktail and food to match. So, I jumped at the chance to try the summer offerings at Marlow’s Tavern Orlando. And as you can tell the food was THE BOMB. Add in the central location Marlow’s Taveron Orlando is perfect for locals and tourists!
Make sure to join the Marlow’s Tavern Insiders Club exclusive savings.