Since 2008 the Disney has be searching for practically perfect moms, dads and anyone else with a wealth of Disney knowledge. Those chosen ones fill the highly coveted spots on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. Do you have questions about the search process? I’m spilling everything I know about the Disney Parks Mom Panel search.
Disney Parks Moms Panel Search
It’s almost time for the Disney Parks Moms Panel search to open! I hope these Disney Parks Moms Panel search help you understand the process and make it a little easier!
What is the Disney Parks Moms Panel?
The Disney Parks Moms Panel is an online resource for those planning all ranges of Disney vacations. Made up of Disney experts from all over the world, the panel members answer questions that have been submitted online at DisneyParksMomsPanel.com.
They share their wealth of Disney knowledge including planning tips, first hand experiences and research those hard to find answers so you don’t have to.
Think you have what it takes to be a Disney Parks Moms Panelist? Read on to learn more about the search process!
When does the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search open?
Historically, Round one of the search opens up Labor day week and I honestly don’t expect anything different this year. Those in charge know that this is a highly anticipated time for thousands of Mom Panel Hopefuls and they don’t want to add stress to the process.
UPDATED: The 2020 Disney Parks Moms Panel search opens September 5th, 2019 at noon ET and closes September 12th, 2019 at noon ET.
Who can apply for the Moms Panel?
Even though, it’s the “Moms Panel” the panel is actually open to everyone. Moms, dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles and even those that have never had kids.
So if you are the go to Disney planner of your mom group or just love Disney – the Disney Parks Moms Panel just might be the place for you!
There are some strict rules of eligibility that are announced each year. Here are a few of the most common ones.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
- Be able to complete at least approximately 10-20 written responses per week.
- Provide their own opinions, tips and feedback on Disney vacations.
- Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
- Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Disney Internship programs, or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internships participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internship participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any entity which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Polk or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California.
- Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant).
How do you apply for the Disney Parks Moms Panel?
First you have to decide which specialty you want to apply for. The specialty determines what questions you get and puts you in your select specialty group. So, if you choose Walt Disney World you won’t be competing against someone who chose Disneyland.
Each specialty has it’s own eligibility requirements, so make sure to double check that your most recent trip qualifies you for your chosen specialty.
- Walt Disney World – Must have visited Walt Disney World within the last 12 months.
- Disneyland Resort – Must have visited Disneyland Resort within the last 12 months.
- Disney Cruise Line – Must have cruised on the Disney Cruise Line with thin the last 24 months.
- Disney Vacation Club – Must have stayed at a Disney Vacation Club Resort within the last 24 months.
What is the Disney Parks Moms Panel search process?
The process can change from year to year, but due to past searches we have a pretty good handle on how the process goes. Typically there are three rounds, but there have been years where they’ve thrown in a quick round four.
- Round One – The start of it all! Round one usually consists of a few “get to know you” questions and possibly a sample Moms Panel question or two.
- Round Two – Known as the video round to us “old timers”. Round two is less about getting to know you and discovering what Disney planning tips you have to share along with a questions that has to be answered with a 60 second video.
- Round Three – The phone interview round. Once you get over the excitement of making Round three, it’s time to start thinking of the phone interview. During the 15 -20 minute phone interview you’ll have multiple Disney people on the line, but usually only one or two will be speaking to you.
What happens if you don’t make it?
Each round comes with some incredibly difficult cuts. And it can be easy to let these cuts get you down. But know that doesn’t mean you don’t have what it takes – it means you don’t fit the demographics of what Disney was looking for this year.
Don’t let the “not this year” email get you down. You’re still an incredible Disney person and you ARE YOUR FAMILY’S DISNEY PARKS MOM!
Find your Disney Parks Moms Panel Hopefuls tribe
In 2014 I started a Facebook group for Disney Parks Moms Panel Hopefuls. We started out with just a handful of members and just keep growing each year. Each year we have between 10-15 members make it on to the panel!
The Amazing Adventures of the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search is unlike any other Facebook group. Everyone is supportive and encouraging, even though we’re all going after the same dream.
The group is active all year long and many, myself included, have built friendships that go beyond the internet. And did I mention that we do Secret Santa every year
The Disney Parks Moms Panel search is no longer about just making the panel for me anymore. It’s about the excitement of the search, the enjoyment of watching dreams come true and about the friendships I’ve built and continue building each year.
The one tip I hope you take from this is to BEE Yourself! Let your love and passion for Disney to shine and always keep a smile on your face.