Since 2008 the Disney has be searching for practically perfect moms, dads and anyone else with a wealth of Disney knowledge. Those chosen ones fill the highly coveted spots on the planDisney Panel (formally Disney Parks Mom Panel). Do you have questions about the search process? I’m spilling everything I know about the planDisney Panel search!
PlanDisney Panel Search
It’s almost time for the planDisney Panel search to open! I hope these planDisney Panel search tips help you understand the process and make it a little easier!
What is the planDisney Panel?
The planDisney Panel is an online resource for those planning all ranges of Disney vacations. Made up of Disney experts from all over the world, the panel members answer questions that have been submitted online at plandisney.com.
They share their wealth of Disney knowledge including planning tips, first-hand experiences and research those hard-to-find answers so you don’t have to.
Think you have what it takes to be a planDisney Panelist? Read on to learn more about the search process!
When does the Panel Search open?
The 2023 planDisney Panel search opens September 7th, 2022 at noon ET and closes September 13th, 2022 at noon ET.
Who can apply for the planDisney Panel?
The team at Disney rebranded the Disney Parks Moms Panel name to be inclusive and to make everyone feel welcome in applying. Moms, dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles and even those that have never had kids are all welcome to apply.
So if you are the go-to Disney planner of your group or just love Disney – the planDisney Panel just might be the place for you!
There are some strict rules of eligibility that are announced each year. Here are a few of the most common ones.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
- Be able to complete at least approximately 15-20 written responses per week.
- Provide their own opinions, tips and feedback on Disney vacations.
- Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
- Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Disney Internship programs, or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internships participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internship participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any entity which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Polk or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California.
- Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant).
- Be available to travel to Disneyland Resort during dates between December 10 and December 14, 2022 for Training sessions. Panelists cannot bring family members or friends on the Training visit (detailed dates will be confirmed with Panelists following the search & selection).
How do you apply?
First, you have to decide which specialty you want to apply for. The specialty determines what questions you get and puts you in your select specialty group. So, if you choose Walt Disney World you won’t be competing against someone who chose Disneyland.
Each specialty has its own eligibility requirements, so make sure to double-check that your most recent trip qualifies you for your chosen specialty.
- Walt Disney World – Must have visited Walt Disney World at least once within between September 1st, 2021 and September 12th, 2022.
- Disneyland Resort – Must have visited Disneyland Resort at least once within between September 1st, 2021 and September 12th, 2022.
- Disney Cruise Line – Must have sailed at least once on the Disney Cruise Line between August 9th, 2021 and September 12th, 2022
- Disney Vacation Club – Must have traveled to a Disney Destination utilizing you Membership at least once between September 1st, 2020 and September 12th, 2022.
What is the planDisney Panel search process?
The process can change from year to year, but due to past searches, we have a pretty good handle on how the process goes. Typically there are three rounds, but there have been years where they’ve thrown in a quick round four.
- Round One – The start of it all! Round one usually consists of a few “get to know you” questions and possibly a sample Moms Panel question or two.
- Round Two – Known as the video round to us “old timers”. Round two is less about getting to know you and discovering what Disney planning tips you have to share along with a question(s) that has to be answered with a 60 second video.
- Round Three – The phone interview round. Once you get over the excitement of making Round three, it’s time to start thinking of the phone interview. During the 15 -20 minute phone interview you’ll have multiple Disney people on the line, but usually only one or two will be speaking to you.
What happens if you don’t make it?
Each round comes with some incredibly difficult cuts. And it can be easy to let these cuts get you down. But know that doesn’t mean you don’t have what it takes – it means you don’t fit the demographics of what Disney was looking for this year.
Don’t let the “not this year” email get you down. You’re still an incredible Disney person and you ARE YOUR FAMILY’S DISNEY EXPERT!
Find your planDisney Panel Hopefuls tribe
In 2014 I started a Facebook group for Disney Parks Moms Panel Hopefuls. We started out with just a handful of members and just keep growing each year. Each year we have between 10-15 members make it onto the panel!
The Amazing Adventures of the planDisney Dreamers is unlike any other Facebook group. Everyone is supportive and encouraging, even though we’re all going after the same dream.
The group is active all year long and many, myself included, have built friendships that go beyond the internet. And did I mention that we do Secret Ghoul and Secret Santa gift exchanges every year?
The planDisney Panel search is no longer about just making the panel for me. It’s about the excitement of the search, the enjoyment of watching dreams come true and the friendships I’ve built and continue building each year.
The one tip I hope you take from this is to BEE Yourself! Let your love and passion for Disney to shine and always keep a smile on your face.