Who says you can’t play with your food? Fun, simple and safe to snack on – this edible slime is made from just two ingredients you probably have in your pantry!
My kids are at an age where I shouldn’t have to worry about them putting everything in their mouths… But I’m sitting here shaking my head, because I’m still not sure that the Monster has learned that lesson.
So, we’ve been searching for an edible slime that was easy to make from things we already had in our food pantry or are readily available in the store.
2-Ingredient Edible Slime
What you need for each color of slime
1 (4 ounce) package sugar free Jello gelatin
1 cup cornstarch, not packed
½ cup warm water (may require a little more)
- Stir together gelatin and cornstarch. Slowly add the water, stirring constantly.
- Once the gelatin starts to liquify, stop adding water and stir well.
- Because different brands require different water amounts, you may need more than ½ cup water. If the gelatin is more like a play dough, add water 1 teaspoon at a time until a slime-like consistency.
- Transfer slime to a cookie sheet or lined surface for playing.
- The slime will begin to dry out quickly. Additional water can be added but it will be messy.
- Edible slime is best used immediately but may be stored in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator.
Things to keep in mind – vibrant colors like red, purple, blue may stain hands temporarily. But a little hand sanitizer should remove most of the color!