This is the droid you’re looking for! Bring your favorite Star Wars droid to life with this simple BB-8 paper plate craft. And celebrate May the 4th, in full Star Wars fashion.
It’s no shocker that May the 4th is one of my favorite holidays. And that I love me some Star Wars droids! In my opinion, everyone needs their own BB-8 and with this fun Star Wars craft – you can create yours today!
What you need to create your own BB-8 paper plate craft
2 paper plates (per project)
Popsicle stick (if desired)
Instructions to create your own BB-8 Paper Plate Droid
- To use a print and cut device (such as Cricut Explore), use the PNG images. Upload to your machine software. Resize the orange circles image so it is 3.102 inches in height. Print THREE. Resize the printed gray image to 4.736 inches in height. Resize the facial features image to 2.202 inches in height. Use the print and cut function as recommended by your manufacturer’s instructions.
- If not using the print and cut option, print the PDF and cut pieces apart.
- Cut one paper plate in half. Trim one half of the paper plate to just the inner circle, discarding the other pieces of the paper plate.
- Decorate the paper plates by attaching pieces with glue.
- Glue the two paper plates together at the edge.
- Glue or tape the paper plate to the popsicle stick if desired.
- Allow the craft to dry completely before playing or displaying.