Ever dreamed of being a Disney Princess? Wish you could visit Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? I know I have! When I first heard of the new Character Couture makeovers available at Disney World – I knew I just had to do it. And when my Fairy Godmother granted my wish, in the form of a media invitation, I was giddy with excitement!
Disclosure: I was invited to receive a complimentary Disney Character Couture makeover as part of a media event. All opinions are 100% my own.
It isn’t a secret that I’m a huge Disney fan and so are 99.9% of my friends. Knowing that you can imagine what the conversations were after the announcement Disney was offering adult Disney makeovers.
What is a Disney Character Couture makeover?
Disney’s newest experience has been dubbed Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for adults. But unlike Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique the makeovers aren’t cookie cutter looks. The looks are “inspired” by the chosen character and each look is uniquely created by the stylist with the Guest’s input. The world is your oyster – go as bold or subtle as you wish.
What Disney Characters are available?
There wasn’t much information out there when it was time for my makeover, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had heard that they could do anything I wanted. But all I’d seen was Disney princesses and Ursula.
I had toyed with the idea of doing Maleficent. But I quickly changed my mind and decided to challenge the stylists with requesting Gaston. I made sure to have a couple of backup ideas just in case I got told the big fat “Nope”. Imagine my excitement when my stylist jumped at the chance to do Gaston!
READ MORE: Disney Hotels updated credit card policy.
Since the looks are all “inspired by” the stylists said they literally can do any character. Disney princesses to villains, Star Wars to Marvel – all you have to do is use your imagination and ask!
How much does the Disney adult makeover cost?
At this time there are two individual services avilable but there is an add-on option. But you can combine them anyway to fit your style.
Hairstyling: Includes a character inspired hairstyle
$60 for children ages 4-12; $75 for adults 13 and up
Makeup: Full consoltation includes character inspired eyes, lips and cheeks that can be bold or subtle.
$40 for children ages 4-12; $50 for adults ages 13 and up
Nails (add on only): Polished nails.
$15 for children ages 4-12; $20 for adults ages 13 and up
So, if you want a complete Disney character couture makeover the combined cost would be $115 for children ages 4-12; $145 for adults ages 13 and up.
In-Room Services: Only available at select Disney Resorts
An additional $25 per reservation.
Who can do a Disney makeover?
Probably my favorite part is that anyone ages 4 and up can do the Disney Character Couture makeover! And I mean anyone. Men are welcome to join in the fun, but they did say they’d probably have to do something bold.
Where can you get the Character Couture makeover?
There are are four full-service salons throughout Disney property that offer the couture makeovers. And no, you do not need to be a guest of the resort to take advantage of this service.
- Ivy Trellis Salon at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort – This is where I had mine done!
- Salon by the Springs at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- La Vida Salon at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Ship Shape Salon at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- NEW In-room services are offered for an additional fee at participating Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
When is a good time to do a Disney Character Couture makeover?
Um, anytime! But there are few times that maybe better than others such as Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, Dapper Days or how about a mother/daughter date on Mother’s day.
How can I get people recognize my Character Couture look?
With inspired looks not everyone is going to recognize who your makeover is based on. Trust me, no one could guess mine. There are some easy things you can do to help them see what character you’re going for.
- Disney bounding – Plan your outfit to help get the look across. For my Gaston look I choose black pants, yellow tank and a red cardigan. If you’re going for a Rapunzel inspired look try pink and purple or a flowered dress.
- Bring accessories to help make the character pop – The salon does offer a small selection of accessories for an additional cost, but you are welcome to bring anything you’d like to use for your hairstyle. Flowers for Rapunzel, butterfly clips for the new Cinderella, Maleficent Mickey ears.
- Character tee – For a simple boost try a character tee. Easy Peasy!
How do I book a Disney Character Couture makeover?
You can book your own Disney Character Couture makeover by calling the reservation line at (407) WDW-GLAM or (407) 939-4526.
Disney Character Couture makeover tips
Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning for your couture makeover.
- Show up with clean, dry hair – But I can attest that they will help you out, if you get caught in a rainstorm and come in a soppy mess.
- Wear foundation – Foundation isn’t included with the make-up package. The main focus is the eyes.
- Come with clean, filed nails – If you choose to do the nails add-on they only do polish, but it’s not a manicure so you’ll want to make sure your nails are the way you want them.
- Use your imagination and talk to your stylist– Don’t be shy if you have an idea share it with your stylist.
- An automatic 20% gratuity will be added to all reservations- Of course you are welcome to add an additional amount if your stylist is out of this world!
- Discounts are available- Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney® Visa® Cardmembers are eligible for a 15% discount.
I had a fabulous time getting my Disney Character Couture makeover. It was really a dream come true and I’m already planning my next visit!
Do you have a question that wasn’t answered? Feel free to drop it in the comments below and I’ll try my best to answer it for you!